Aro 10.4 in Macedonia i need help for parts and other stuff

All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

icemann
Membru
Membru

Aro 10.4 in Macedonia i need help for parts and other stuff

Post by icemann »

this is my aro 10.4 96 with Renault petrol engine(i think) and 4 gear transmission.
SDC10090.JPG
SDC10091.JPG
SDC10092.JPG
what about this rubbers? are they ok? the hose is damaged..

on the upper part you can see my aro and the suspension.. on the bottom its a lifted aro 10. Is this lifting ok? and is this the only part that i have to manufacture to lift the front.?

little rust, wires that i dont know what are for and rubber parts that i dont know if they are good or not..

my father told me that this part is for blocking the rear dif. but some hoses are missing and i was wondering can i fix it.. with your help.. becouse all i have is 2x4 drive on the rear wheels. My father also tells me that 4x4 can only be turned on if you are stuck in mud on loose surface.. he says if i ride it on normal gravel road or anything else than mud i will break the differencial.. i think he is wrong.. can you help us with that also..

this is the back of the aro.. it is still not painted but cleaned from rusty metal.. as u can see 2years ago we fitted the aro with gas system.. to save on gas money..

this is the right corner of the trunk.. this is where it has the most rust.. as you can see this is nothing compared to the aros i`we seen on internet. so i think this aro is in good condition..

this is the interior of the aro.. i`ve removed the seats handbrake and other parts.. removed the rust and isolation and painted the whole thing in two layers.. now it looks ok.. next on list is isolation and carpet..

this had little rust.. but i cleaned it and painted it.. now it looks ok i guess..

the gearbox.. i said i have broken tooth on the second gear (4speed) and i will need a new gear from you guys.. i will call a mechanic to remove the transmition then i`ll take pictures of the gear and post it here..
the previous idiot owner tried to clean it or something and damaged the whole thing..
the speedometer does not work.. can you find me a spare part of the speedometer only not the whole dash..
and i dont know if the wire that goes to the transmition is ok.. maybe that is broken also :(

the broken speedo..
as u can see the idiot used oil cap from a jar or something.. i dont think this is the original.. and i think it leaks becouse the engine is oily.. but it works..

i think this cylinder is for the 4x4 system and a hose is missing and wires are all over the place.

the missing hose...

the wires.. that we dont know what to do with..
the cap for the water bottle is cracked and cannot be tightened.. i have new bottle i have to find it..

maybe this will help identify the aro.. for better part searching..

the steering wheel has little free space while turning.. i cannot locate from where..
i will call electrician to help me fix this things but i will need some sort of schemes for wiring..
again mystery wires
the bottom is in great condition.. this tells me that 16 years didnt do anything to it.. this must be made to last.
the turning signals are disconected becouse something discharges the battery.. now i`ll have to buy a battery also

this is the gearbox.. it was opened last year for the broken second gear but the guy just welded the gear tooth and it broke again.. also oil is leaking.. we will fix that when we open the gearbox..
this might help identify the gearbox.
little 14inch wheels and small tires.. this looks like crap.. if it is possible to find big 14 inch tires that would be great.. othervise i`ll have to buy new rims also.. that is not very good when you have just finished studing and you still dont have a good job.. but the love for this aro has made me start this restoration becouse i hate to see it just die in my parking lot..

to recap.. despite this chaos in the electrical system broken tooth leaking radiator (i will need info which cars share the same radiators to change that also), the funny tyres this aro starts and runs from the first start..
it doesnt have alot of milage. for few ears it was sitting in a barn with the previous owner and it had smell of chicken shit for years.. i finaly get read of it.. also i`m redoing the seats to give it a better smell.

i would like to make fenders like this on this aro the side steps also are great..
and maybe next summer i would remove the roof.. and fit something like this instead of a roof..

i would like to say sorry for the very long post.. but you guys are my last hope.. in here nobody wants to fix my aro.. they just say its crap sell it for 400 eurs and buy a stupid car.. but i will never do that.
i have a friend who is a truck driver who has friends that travel to romania..that is great if we could find parts for this great aro.

thanks for helping and stay tunned as i`ll do my best to resurrect this aro and ride it like it was ment to be ridden.8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Re: Aro 10.4 in Macedonia i need help for parts and other st

Post by Soryn »

you need a lot of sper parts, but i'ts lite stuff ,
hard but stel parts chan bee found in romania

you need to replace brake hoses front end reear. works from R12
your reear differential has loking mecanism 100% betwin the weels -vacumatic sistem tipe, (electric -on the dash must bee a swich hu open's a solenoid valve on the vacum circuit next too the batery side unlinked wieres- on the reear end is a vacumatic capsule conected betwin by a plastic hose passager side chasy mounted,

loking rear dif is needed when you are in tuff situation off road only with the front weels strait end just for short time..until you pass the hard situation

the play on the stteering wheel. is eader on the steering shaft the 2 articulated joints, or in the steering box, the steering box have a large bolt end nut on top , if you hold the bolt with a key end loosen the large nut slitly, you chan adjust the play in the steering box, by turning the bolt ,
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

добра вечер! This 2 Parts are one Unit! Your ARO have a blockable diferential. From this black thing You must connect a hose (it must resist at vacuum), on the bottom of Your car You will find a metallic conduct that goes in the near of Your rear axle. From there You must connect also a hos to this part. Than You can block Your rear diferential. Whem Your vacuumatic system is not shut, than Your breaks will also have a malfunction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote: works from R12
thanks for the info Sorin, i understood almost everything except works from R12 what is R12?
and i understood the locking mechanisam but how do i test it.. to see if it works before i connect it.. or the previeous owner disconceted it just for safety ( not to engage the system by mistake and brake it) and can you tell me how to connect the wires? also. the brakes worked fine without that system..

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

Werner wrote:добра вечер!
Добра вечер Werner :)
i was quite surprised when i saw this :)
as i said to Sorin i think i understood the system.. but i need a diagram for the wires.. and info how to test it..
what about the other stuff that i wrote about..
what about spare parts.. i need the speedometer
the cap on the engine block is that the original or just something that the previous owner put..
what about the links and the rubber bushings on the wheels are they look ok? i could take more detailed pictures.. today i started cleaning the front axles and connection rods. .. alot of dirt and oil came of it and it looks way better.. or i could make a video coz there are some parts that are loose and i am not sure if they suppose to be loose or are just worn out.
and what about the second gear.. can you guys find me that gear..(after i remove it and show it to you) or i`ll have to manufacture one..

and what about the lifting..
so many questions so little knowledge..
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

R12- Renault 12 car

The diff uses just vacum from the engine - comon circuit with the servomecanism off the brakes,

the wiering of the vacum solenoid ,solenoid uses + end - , is a complex circuit with the dash on off swich & the witness lamp on the dash, under -or top of the swich

There are teachers of English in forum!Language Barriers.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote:R12- Renault 12 car

The diff uses just vacum from the engine - comon circuit with the servomecanism off the brakes,

the wiering of the vacum solenoid ,solenoid uses + end - , is a complex circuit with the dash on off swich & the witness lamp on the dash, under -or top of the swich

There are teachers of English in forum!Language Barriers.
dont worry Sorin i understand you :) the solenoid is the round thing on the back diff right? i think i saw a wire that wasnt connected..
i will check it up tomorrow.
what other parts are same with R12 car..
I need a radiator
front and back brake pads..
i have this file
Microsoft Word - ARO 10 Consumabile.pdf
are this parts for my aro also?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

Front disc brakes & calipers & brake pads &hoses ar Renault 12 , the disc from renault mises 2 small hols, butt mey be drill out, just front, The rear just the cilinders works from Renault 12 or somthing ,
engine parts ar simiilar to the renault 12 1.4 , Volvo 1.4 engine old models

the radiator can work from vw golf 2 , R12

install tecdoc 2011 on your pc end study by pictures, schematics of the parts
the pdf file with the parts catalog, is common some parts is diesel version aro 10 Renault 1.9 D engine.(engine parts)
some fitts the 1.4 version car .

front% rear main shafts joints need regular maintenance lubrication with grease (greasegun)
in the past the transfer box was unfolded for emergency service, assembly screws seem strange, red silicone gaskets.

solenoid near the battery is tiny piece near the vacuum tank, there must be connected cables
vacuum capsule is mounted on the axis near the differential, when it is connected to the vacuum capsule moves the differential lock, blocking diferentialu, the two wheels move together
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

[quote="SorinTVY"]Front disc brakes & calipers & brake pads &hoses ar Renault 12 , the disc from renault mises 2 small hols, butt mey be drill out, just front, The rear just the cilinders works from Renault 12 or somthing ,

the pdf file with the parts catalog, is common some parts is diesel version aro 10 Renault 1.9 D engine.(engine parts)

front% rear main shafts joints need regular maintenance lubrication with grease (greasegun)
in the past the transfer box was unfolded for emergency service, assembly screws seem strange, red silicone gaskets.
/quote]

on my aro i think that the main shafts joints are never opened or greased. i will see what i can do about that. i will have to buy a cooper hose for the solenoid. i will look into it..
thanks alot..
SDC10111.JPG
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

To find a diagram from the wires, it's not easy. I see that my ARO, whit Renault Diesel engine, is different to Yours. At my car, the metalic wire is on the right side of the chassis, it looks like the wire for gasoline.
ydaniel
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ydaniel »

If your friend -which a truck driver,can came near bucharest i can solve with with almost all the parts. :)
ydaniel
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ydaniel »

The misterious wires near the front wheels are for indicating wear out brake pads.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

ydaniel wrote:The misterious wires near the front wheels are for indicating wear out brake pads.
can you tell me where does the input hose for vacum from the engine goes in the blocking system. i`ve located two hoses that go from the engine compartment to the back. one near the tank and another near the blocking system on the dif.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

I talked with two mechanics, they saw the aro, one of them has removed the transmission the first time the second gear broke.. now he is suggesting that i dont open the transmission and drive it like that. or if i am able to find new transmission from another jeep.. has anyone changed the whole transmission from nissan or i dont know another type of jeep.. does anything else fits More or less on the 10.4 that i have..

currently i can ride it in second gear but there is some noise.. coming out of the transmission..i know that there is a broken tooth..
i need some advice.
and if i open this transmition am i going to have alot of small parts to replace or just the broken gear...?

now im going to change the front brake calipers.. i`m thinking of upgrading the discs.. any suggestions on that also?
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote:Front disc brakes & calipers & brake pads &hoses ar Renault 12 , the disc from renault mises 2 small hols, butt mey be drill out, just front, The rear just the cilinders works from Renault 12 or somthing ,

solenoid near the battery is tiny piece near the vacuum tank, there must be connected cables
vacuum capsule is mounted on the axis near the differential, when it is connected to the vacuum capsule moves the differential lock, blocking diferentialu, the two wheels move together
so
DSC_0022.jpg
is this correct?
i`ve tested the solenoid when turned on it releases air in the hose that goest to the diff