Moderator: UMMM461

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Re: Portaro: Models and Technical Data

Post by Ramiro »

Hi, Alex
How are you?...

In fact, this historic Portaro got stored in a garage, since 1994, in the city of Lagos (Algarve), South of Portugal, 300 km far from Lisbon.
This car is a kind of space shuttle: Volvo engine with 155 hp and 2320 CC, 2 fuel tanks with capacity of about 100 liters each one, to use just in case of petrol absence during the race.
Permanent 4x4 traction. The body is polyester (fiber) and it's possible to remove the whole front in case of accident.
At the bottom there is a metal plate all over the jipe, to protect the engine and transmission of the stones... ::)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A lenda vive...!!!

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

As I wrote before, Portaro was also exported for England, Switzerland and Jordan.

In the picture below, published in 1982, we can read the famous Portaro legend: "Winning is the most important thing".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A lenda vive...!!!
gabriel90cl
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by gabriel90cl »

Ramiro Cavaleiro wrote:Perfect autumn day... 8)
is the first time when i see Portaro.it look awesome to:)
i hear that aro was made in spain called HISPARO.anyone know something about that? ???
%%- good luck
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Welcome, Gabriel

During the eighties, Spain, like Portugal with Portaro, produced the Hisparo (Hispano + Aro) similar to the Romanian Aro 24 series.

However, the assembled engine was Perkins 4.165, 4 cylinder, 2.700 cm 3, and 65 hp.

Take a look at the picture below.
A lenda vive...!!!

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

As we know, it's very difficult to obtain information about the production of the Spanish Aro (Hisparo), which is quite rare.

Currently there is a discussion in Spain, to clarify if the Hisparo was just a company that sold the Romanian Aro 24 series, or if actually they produced a Spanish Aro with specific technical data.

In fact, as far as we know, none Hisparos were equipped with Romanian Aro 24 engines: Tractorul Brasov; Aro 2.7; Andoria and Peugeot turbodiesel, which seems to indicate that the Perkins engine and it's components were installed in Spain...
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

In 1984, the prestigious Spanish magazine "Motor 16" has published a very rare information about the Hisparo, comparing it with its competitors in the off-road market:

Land Rover 109 Super-Turbo
Hisparo D 4 door
Nissan Patrol Largo
Mercedes 240 GD Station Wagon

According to the chronic, the Hisparo was the best in the off-road proof and price. It's nice to remember that, in Spanish currency, at that time, the Hisparo price was over 1.513.460 pesetas... :)
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Excellent research made by "Rodas de Viriato" about the Portaro 260 exported to the United Kingdom, renamed "Pampas".

There was four versions available, with Daihatsu diesel engine DG 80 power unit, 4 cylinder, and 2.530 cc:

260 DL - Hard top with half glazed rear door;
260 D - Full length canvas hood with rear window;
260 DP - Truck cab with tilt;
260 DPU - Truck cab pick-up.

The vehicles were marketed by the company "Geoff Edmunds Pampas Vehicles, Limited"
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

In this leaflet, the Portaro Pampas is presented as a stylish multi-purpose vehicle, that is at home on a farme, construction site, cruising along motorway, or country road.

The Pampas is bred for hard work on the roads and tracks of Portugal, one of Britains oldest allied countries, and is made by a company with many decades experience producing and assembling four wheel drive vehicles.
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Mr. Daniel and his friends climbing up the river with a Portaro 280, last summer, in Portugal.
Beside, a Patrol GR experiencing technical problems... :)
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Our newest member, in full action with a Portaro 280, last winter...
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Re: Czech News

Post by Ramiro »

Thanks, Dan... ;D
A lenda vive...!!!
George
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George »

Ramiro, I have pictures on the forum, it's not the first. ;))
thanks Dan! ;D
ARO CLUB ROMANIA
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Let me correct myself, George. I mean the first one posted in "English Corner"... :)
A lenda vive...!!!
George
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George »

now it is correct! you don't have an facebook account? we are present there, too.
https://www.facebook.com/AROCLUBROMANIA
ARO CLUB ROMANIA
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Hi, George

I removed the posts to my topic because I do not have the right to use Miroslav's topic to have personal conversations.
Yes, I have an anonymous account on Facebook - don't worry, I'm not an hacker - due to privacy questions, and I read regularly the "Aro forum" from the beginning.
In addition to the events Aro, I'm a fan of Gheorghe Gabriel’s page. Guess Why? ;D
A lenda vive...!!!