PARTS COMPATIBILITY FOR ARO10 Please help

All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Re: PARTS COMPATIBILITY FOR ARO10 Please help

Post by Soryn »

in the ruber joint ,is a smal pipe , the pipe rust's on the bolt- like weld, end is werry difficult to extract the bolt, use wd 40, use the hammer, on the tred side of ther bolt, end use in the same time some tool. like a big scooldriver or chizel,in the hexagon side of the bolt,.to force the bolt owtside.,deppends the climate of the country, if it rains offen, the condition for rust are prosper ,
the ruber joints,.wil be dameged by this operation, if they ar ok stil, leave them licke they are end paint the arms , the ruber joints are just for aro 10, renault 12 will fit but with some washhers betwin the chasy's brachet's end the arm/ruber joint(they are smoll by lenth)

be gentil withe the hummer, otherwise you will bend the bracket's., i thinck you chan fit in there a metalvise, end with a pice of pipe 4-5 -7-10 cm inside pipe diameter,must be larger than the hexagon , end make like a press ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

i have allready cleaned one side of the car, so i will not remove them. there is no play the rubber seems ok. and works ok with the new WD inserted. thanks again.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

i was unable to remove the pins, it was dark and wet so i decided to remove the whole front dif. It was easer than removing the pins from the axles :) i removed it with no problems and put it on the work table. there i cleaned it. and removed the pins and the caps for the axles. i will change one semering where the drive shaft goes i have already removed it, it was leaking oil long time ago. so one oil leak less. i was wondering is it difficult to remove the semerings on the front drive axles? i don't know if they leak. and one more question. there was a hose connected to the front dif but not going anywhere, just hanging. where should it go? coz on the other end there is a splitter but, nothing is connected. also the hose was melted on one place. Please advise.
i will attach pictures later this day.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

201112-1800(001).jpg
how do i open this. i know there is a pin but i just dont know where.
201112-1801(001).jpg
there is a small cylindrical bearing that goes in here. do you know the exact size?

this part is ok there is no play but can you see the bend plate? is it there on purpose or should i try to strait it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

031112-1323.jpg
and finally this is the finished back side.
281012-1251.jpg
all i need here is bigger tires..
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

opening the front articulated shaft(weel side) , with a chizel end a humer ,knock the metal clip, sown in the video, for repair i thing you must go at a repair&rebuild/service for drive axles, replace the ruber housing if they are worn,.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUXCXMo47V4 just use for opening, the guy there it will have the same play, but i'ts a sunday job. it wil not last long.

the bend plate is for protection of the seal (dust,sand ,mud etc ) ( transfer box - or front diferential), try too streithen it owt.

small beering is cod named RHNA 253216 ,
oil seal next to the beering, for the shaft is 48 x 62 x 8 mm
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

on this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-ofMoW ... re=related at 4:00 the guy removes it with hammer to replace the rubber parts. should i open it like that?

by the way thanks for the other info. i will now search for the bearing and rubber seals.. how do you like the finished back?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

save this files http://dl.transfer.ro/transfer_ro-21nov-82aac01f15.zip
parts catalog , schematics,

no downt doo like in your video, stricke the steel clip with a chizel end a hummer , like in video shown , end the joint will brake los http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUXCXMo47V4

weel side is just the steel clip shown,in video, no pin is used there., pin is just used for to clamp the axle to the dif shaft
Last edited by Soryn on 21 Nov 2012, 16:40, edited 2 times in total.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote:save this files http://dl.transfer.ro/transfer_ro-21nov-82aac01f15.zip
parts catalog , schematics,

no downt doo like in your video, stricke the steel clip with a chizel end a hummer , like in video shown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUXCXMo47V4
ok ok,
thanks. i have some of this files but not all like your link.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

Ok guys,
i`ve removed the transfer box and the broken gear.
it is the same as this one on the picture. i see alot of people have this gear broken.
i need it for Skopje Macedonia,
i will pay for bus or post. and i will pay for the gear.
this is the part that i need the most.
if you can help me i will be grateful for life.

the aro is aro10.4 from 1996. 4speed manual petrol Renault engine.
РК1.jpg
if you need more dimensions i can give them to you. but i think this one is standard. btw. the teeth i tried to measure are not 7,8 but 7.83mm

thank you
Here is a picture of my gear.
SDC10247.JPG
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

the large nut, ghets's losen, (week lock sistem) , the sprochet makes play on the ghear box main saft, the teeth ghet worn,""piting"" ,end finaly total damage..

open the whol transmision out, becous ,if you will need somthing elsse, you wil pay the transsport 2-3 times. too ghet spare parts.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote:the large nut, ghets's losen, (week lock sistem) , the sprochet makes play on the ghear box main saft, the teeth ghet worn,""piting"" ,end finaly total damage..

open the whol transmision out, becous ,if you will need somthing elsse, you wil pay the transsport 2-3 times. too ghet spare parts.
im going to open the transfer box right now. but i dont think there is anything else broken.
can you find me this part?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

will try, the car on scrapyard , the wite 10.4 mk2 is still available? , talck with the owner, see if ,you chan buy the ghearbox,
with the sprochet, the transport is difficult!
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SDC10278.JPG
SDC10279.JPG
the box is damaged from the first time the gear broke... but it was welded and it is ok.
i`ve inspected the other gears and they look ok.

Sorin i have opened the front axle like you told me in the video on youtube. do i have to remove the bearings and how? or just wash them up?
SDC10280.JPG
the white aro is not available. i cannot find the owner.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

check beering for wear, ""piting", no shaft play(feel by hand) are not allowed ,when the ghear box was "siel'd",

the rolers on the triax front shaft hosing , if no play exisst, end the triax is not mooving inside the housing, just cleen the old gres, the conexion shaft betwin the weel end diferential , musn't be play betwin ,the sfat..end the weel part -housing-rollers., if ar worn owt, must bee made new roollers, (hard steel like sprochets in the geearboxes- ), theat all,...

ruber housing for the shaf, renault 12 will fit, but deepends,.. you chan use universal ones,