Presentations,questions,everything...only in english language,please

Moderator: UMMM461

madluis
Incepator
Incepator

Hello from Portugal!

Post by madluis »

Hello to all!

My name is Luis and recently bought along with my brother an ARO 10.4 1.9D engine of Renault. The car was stopped nine years on the street and we are gradually restoring it. The plate is a bit rotten in the hood and in various locations of the body. But the engine is working well. I put a tape to mimic the carbon in an attempt to protect a little from rain in the area that is rotten plate. In the engine we already exchanged all the filters and clean water from the deposit that was rust. I hope to learn a lot about this fantastic car with all of you guys. Here are some pictures.

The day he arrived

http://imageshack.com/a/img198/151/0j7q.jpg

1 week later

http://imageshack.com/a/img440/2613/67mp.jpg

Best Regards
1999 ARO 10.4 1.9D Powered by Renault

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Re: Hello from Portugal!

Post by Ramiro »

Welcome to the land of Aro, Luís!
Nice machine you´ve got there. Eternal engine....
If you have any questions, you´re in the right place, because there are many 10.4 owners around here.

Cheers.
A lenda vive...!!!
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

Behind the tape the rust will "eat" Your ARO în short time.
madluis
Incepator
Incepator

Post by madluis »

Thanks for the welcome!

The tape serves only to protect the interior materials that are still good. Before placing the tape, the plate was sanded and rust was removed. Only the hood didnt receive treatment because we are gona buy an used one in good condition. Once the car ride we cut the plate rotten and put new plate. We are still looking for a garage and that's why the plate has not yet been treated all as it should be. Yesterday was placed a starter along with a battery and found the semi-axis this broken. It is the semi-axis of the rear passenger side. This week we will look for an used semi-axis (this will be very hard to find or even impossible i guess) and we are gona ask for quotes in the factories that make axle shafts to compare the prices. After all the engine is in good condition :)
As soon as i can, more pictures will come.

Best regards

UMMM461
Membru
Membru

Post by UMMM461 »

welcome and if you need any tech info/manual tell us, we have them on CD
madluis
Incepator
Incepator

Post by madluis »

Hello!

Thanks for the help. Actually I think we need the electric scheme because today the new battery that was placed is completely discharged. Given that the car has almost no consumption of extras such as air conditioning and electric windows etc.. I deduce that the alternator may be faulty but I can not be sure. Yesterday checked all fuses and relays and all was in good condition.

By the way do not know if it has anything to do with the case but in the dashboard the tachometer, the "pointers" of Diesel, oil, temperature and battery are not working as they should, with the car stopped and working the chronograph of the speed is unstable between 0 and the 20 kilometers. The tachometer of the RPM does not even work. I guess the electric problem is causing all of this.

In the trucks the rpm is connected to alternator, does anyone knows if it is the same in ARO?

Thank you all
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

in the aro 10 diesel, the tachometter is a gas one, the signal is colected from the flywheel with a magnetic sensor , mounted in the clutch ghear box cover , the signal from the sensor is modified with help from a'n electronic ''translator'',the new signal is conected to the dash tacho. Serch the sensor end the wire wil lead you to the signal converter box.
madluis
Incepator
Incepator

Post by madluis »

SorinTVY wrote:in the aro 10 diesel, the tachometter is a gas one, the signal is colected from the flywheel with a magnetic sensor , mounted in the clutch ghear box cover , the signal from the sensor is modified with help from a'n electronic ''translator'',the new signal is conected to the dash tacho. Serch the sensor end the wire wil lead you to the signal converter box.

thank you very much! As soon as i can i will try to find it!
madluis
Incepator
Incepator

Post by madluis »

Hello everyone!

after few months we finally find some spare parts in portugal:

http://imageshack.com/a/img37/4318/ttli.jpg

but there are some things that are bothering me, which engine code is used in ARO 10.4? In my engine there is F8Q but nothing more... which are the rest numbers of the engine? sadly when i ask for some engine parts in portugal no one knows what is an ARO, and when i say it has F8Q renault's engine ppl ask me which one? megane's one? clio's one? kinda hard to find these kind of information on the internet.

My aro is from may, 1999

Ps: does anyone has any repair's manual from aro 10.4 to share?

Thank you all for the support!
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

I know good ARO 10 body for sale in France.
madluis
Incepator
Incepator

Post by madluis »

i have checked http://www.leboncoin.fr and there are some nice parts on sale there, but my problem is the transport of the spare parts to portugal that make it expensive... and if i keep looking for some parts on portugal i may find some. Furthermore i just need a hood at the moment and i have 2 places that sell hood in portugal :)
Thank you anyway Werner.

Yesterday we just put the "new" rear axle and seems to be working fine.

Now we just need to find out what is consuming the battery, seems to be the alternator that is not charging the battery when the engine is running, but while the aro is turned off from ignition there is something consuming a lot of battery... since he doesnt have any extra like AC, or electric windows or other things we are wondering what can it be.
DangerCell
Incepator
Incepator

Post by DangerCell »

Hello Luis! Cannot seem to find any way to send you a private message and there is no contact info in your profile so reckoned I would post here and hope you still look at this from time to time.

I am in Portugal (Minho) and was hoping to see if you solved the temperature and rev indicator problems you had....of course am having the same :-)

Cheers!
Simon
DangerCell
Incepator
Incepator

Post by DangerCell »

UMMM461 wrote:welcome and if you need any tech info/manual tell us, we have them on CD
Would like to get a tech manual!!! What do I have to do to get one?
UMMM461
Membru
Membru

Post by UMMM461 »

Let me check first how many I have.
UMMM461
Membru
Membru

Post by UMMM461 »

Thinking twice...I am to lazy to make any selection, I will send you all Aro manuals, for all types of Aro in all languages I have collected over the years, including Portuguese. I will put them on a DVD but I need a post address in order to send the DVD