Presentations,questions,everything...only in english language,please

Moderator: UMMM461

wormscoffer
Incepator
Incepator

Re: Buying advice

Post by wormscoffer »

Hello

Some progress on the vehicle. Mainly cosmetic but the front and rear suspension and brakes have been stripped, adjusted and freed off and lubed.

I have found that the lining has become lodged and is breaking up on one brake shoe.

Are these shoes common to any other vehicles? Any suggestions on where I can best locate one?

Thanks

Andrew

ydaniel
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ydaniel »

a pair of brake shoes,made in romania is about 30euros.
cand esti bun nu-si amintesc,
cand esti rau nu te uita
wormscoffer
Incepator
Incepator

Post by wormscoffer »

Brake shoes - is there somewhere I can order new shoes (and maybe front pads) by mail from Romania?

Another question - what sort of fuel consumption will I be looking at with the 2.6L Peugeot engine on my trip from the UK to Timbuktu (average overall to include motorways through Europe and desert and off-road in Africa) ?
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

You can order them in Germany!  ;D (Made in Romania)

tudop
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by tudop »

wormscoffer wrote: Another question - what sort of fuel consumption will I be looking at with the 2.6L Peugeot engine on my trip from the UK to Timbuktu (average overall to include motorways through Europe and desert and off-road in Africa) ?
  The average will be about 23-24 mpg ( 10L /100km)  - my XD3T engine does that average, but with new injectors and properly adjusted fuel inj. pump it can even drop a little. You should consider driving on highways at max 90km/h for better fuel economy, because above 100km/h consuption is rising (the extremely "aerodinamic shape" helps that  ;D )

There is another thing you must check: engine overheating... the engine is originally equiped with a visco-coupled fan that often fails, considering the car's age. For example I'm in the process of searching for 2 powerfull electric fans, to replace the original engine fan. My car overheats at speeds above 100km/h or when climbing long hills... in off-road conditions it seems it doesn't overheat, but if you are going in a verry hot climate, you should consider checking for this problem...