Presentations,questions,everything...only in english language,please

Moderator: UMMM461

Roberto Nogueira
Nou venit
Nou venit

Hello from Brazil

Post by Roberto Nogueira »

Hi folks!

My name is Roberto Nogueira, and I live in São Paulo, Brazil.
I’m owner of an Aro 244, assembled in 2003, here in Brazil in a CKD program, basically using a local International diesel engine and a local Eaton transmission, and the other parts imported from Romania.
Here in Brazil the local name for the Aro 244 was Cross Lander 244, and the main objective to build this plant here is to export the assembled cars to United States, but as all you know, the project fail in the first moment because our local International diesel engine was reproved in pollution tests on USA, and in a second moment because the Romanian factory financial problems.
Unfortunately only a few units was build and sold here in Brazil (the dealer talk about more than 600 unities, but I think that no more than 200 are really running here). They start building cars on 2002 (a few ones) and the last ones was sold on 2004 (I think some of then as 2005 model, but without new improvements).
The local manufacturer website is already available, you can take a look on it, go to http://www.crosslanderbr.com.br/ .
Here, the great appeal to our local 244 is the International diesel engine; it’s a 2.8 liter, provided with a turbo compressor and intercooler, with 132 hp, and 32 kg of torque rate.
As we live in a very large country, the high autonomy is a great differential, and for example I already drive more than 1000 km with my 244 without refuel.
This engine and transmission was also used by another manufactures, mainly Ford (one of the biggest on Brazil) on their Pickups, and so, 244 owners can buy parts on any Ford dealer, for example.
If you like, I can write more about my country and my off road trips along it, and post a lot of pictures too.
Well, I think that’s a lot for my first message, and sorry by the bad English (here in Brazil we speak Portuguese), if anything isn’t clear, please let me know, I can try to explain better…

So, that’s all for today!

Roberto Nogueira
São Paulo, Brazil
Aro 244

tarzy
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Re: Hello from Brazil

Post by tarzy »

Hello Roberto

welcome to our forum

we expect you with more details about your car, your country and ... your self

you may write in Portuguese and using http://translate.google.com/translate_t# to translate in English or in Romanian

Olá Roberto

bem-vindo ao nosso forum

nós esperamos você com mais informações sobre o seu carro, seu país e ... sua auto

você pode escrever em Português e usando # http://translate.google.com/translate_t para traduzir em Inglês ou em Inglês
Romanian

»
Portuguese

Translate
Eu cred ca o tara care incearca sa prospere prin stabilirea de taxe mari este ca un om care, stind intr-o galeata, incearca sa se ridice tragind de miner.
(Winston Churchill)
manu-2lgp
Junior
Junior

Post by manu-2lgp »

Welcome, Roberto!
São Paulo, Brazil. I've already meet some peoples from there.
Misi din Cluj
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Misi din Cluj »

Welcome Roberto!

we expect, more details and pictures about your car  :)>-
Gaz 69 AM -1962; Aro 10 Mk1 - 1980

Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

Wellcome Roberto!

I have an Information, that in Brazil was assembled 2.000 Cross Lander. But many cars don't rules anymore, because they have no spare parts, or there are very expensive. Last Week I buy a Snorkel for 244, from Brazil.
Elijah
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Elijah »

Olá Roberto! %%- good luck
CATALIN
Junior
Junior

Post by CATALIN »

Welcome Roberto! \:D/
Roberto Nogueira
Nou venit
Nou venit

Hi All,

Thanks by the reception!
I like too much to meet people from other places and countries, and chat to learn more about culture and habits.
I’m also love my country and I don’t became exhausted to speak about it.
You can be free to ask anything.
I’ll post some pictures of my 244 “on the off-roadâ€
Roberto Nogueira
Nou venit
Nou venit

Now, the pictures...
The first on, is my favorite.
It's the 244 over a beautiful waterfall called "Salto Ventoso", on the south of Brazil, nearly 1000 km from my city, São Paulo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roberto Nogueira
Nou venit
Nou venit

The second picture, with my friends in a expedition crossing a region called "Pantanal" on the middle of the country, about 1500km from São Paulo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roberto Nogueira
Nou venit
Nou venit

Hi, Werner,

About the number of assembled Cross Lander, I think that 2000 is too much.
Maybe it can be the number of bodyworks sold to Brazil (I know that a lot of them already stay on the plant), but I will try to get a more reliable information about this.
Talking about that the real sold cars aren't running, I can assure that it isn't true, and on opposite, there's no 244 available to buy used parts.
The main problem on the 244 sold here is the Romanian axes. As they had used a strong engine in the car, a lot of axes have been broken when the owner doesn’t do a careful use on off road situations.
As the new original parts are expensive, some owners had choose to exchange the original axes by second hand local Dana axes, used on local made off roads or pickups.
Some of then also choose to do this change to permit the use of higher tires (the maximum tire on the original car is 31 inch of diameter, but with this engine we can run without performance problems with a 33 inch diameters tires, or even a 35 inch, depending on the axe configuration.
And as I told, the engine and the transmission are easy to find on all the country, and are also considered one of the best power train available on the Country to a off road vehicle, making the 244 a cheaper option to people who needs to drive a lot.
You also need to have on mind that here in Brazil, by the legislation, only trucks, big pickups, heavy duty or big 4x4 vehicles can be powered with diesel engines (more economic to heavy vehicles), and so, any vehicle with this kind of engine, is a good business.
Just to know, 80% of the passenger car made here, they use sugar cane ethanol as the main fuel (they work with gasoline too, but it’s more expensive).
Now, changing the subject, and talking about your snorkel, what a trip! How did you find it here and how was to buy and pay for it? Did you already have received it?

[]s
Werner wrote: Wellcome Roberto!

I have an Information, that in Brazil was assembled 2.000 Cross Lander. But many cars don't rules anymore, because they have no spare parts, or there are very expensive. Last Week I buy a Snorkel for 244, from Brazil.

Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

Hi Roberto!
The Snorkel must be like Your, I found him on this Page:
http://www.ogz.com.br/lojax1/   I think it's a Brazilian Tuner, there are nice tuning-parts for ARO/Cross Lander.
Whit shipping to a Adress in Brazil, the Snorkel cost 715 BRL (~300€). I know an other Cross Lander owner in Brazil, I send him Spare Parts, he comes this days to Germany and bring me the Snorkel.

I also like the "Bagageiro Cross Lander", but I think shipping to Europe is to expensive!

Roberto, the CL 244 on this picture, it's Your's?  ;D
Roberto Nogueira
Nou venit
Nou venit

Hi Werner,

Yes, the snorkel is exactly the same as mine.
The OGZ Company is located here in São Paulo, they do accessories to a lot of different cars. They work well with fiberglass.
Who is the Brazilian guy who do you know? Maybe I know him.
Here in Brazil we have a small group of Cross Lander owners, we discuss in a Yahoo groups list, found at http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/crosslander/ , send it to your friend.
In fact the roof rack is very weighty, and I think that should be cheaper to construct a copy there in Romania. It’s a simple work in iron.
Talking about the picture, it’s really from my car!  I sent some of then to ATS Svárov Aroclub some time later. Do you know people there?
Just to finish, I’m connected to an Off Road Club here in São Paulo, called “Jeep Club Piritubaâ€
Victor
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by Victor »

Welcome Roberto!
Nu Fura! Guvernul Uraste Competitia.
Ady
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ady »

Welcome Roberto. You have a very nice car..enjoy it :)