ARO 328 TD MAXI. Pregatire de expeditie.

All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

ARO 328 TD MAXI. Pregatire de expeditie.

Post by SVEY »

Hi! Eu locuiesc în Republica Cehă şi vreau să se pregătească maşina pentru expediţii lung: Rusia, Mongolia, etc Aş fi bucuros dacă cineva introduce o imagine a masinii în pregătirea expediţionare. Eu voi fi bucuros pentru orice informatii.

Ceva similar este deja cineva care face cu aceasta masina?
http://www.uf-dr-loitsch.ch/fotos.html

Mulţumesc. :)

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Re: ARO 328 TD MAXI. Pregatire de expeditie.

Post by Ramiro »

Hi, Svey!...

Welcome, please can you post your question in English to everyone understand, using the google translate if necessary ?...

Thanks.
A lenda vive...!!!
SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

Post by SVEY »

Hi! My name is Alexander. I live in the Czech Republic and I want to prepare the car for long expeditions: Russia, Mongolia, etc.
I would be glad if someone inserts a picture of the car (ARO 328 or similar) in preparation of the expeditionary. I will be glad for any information. Thank you.

I mean such training as:
http://www.uf-dr-loitsch.ch/fotos.html
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Come on, guys!!!...

Someone who crossed the transalpina road during the Aro experience days, may give a contribut to answer the question of our newest member, Ok?.. :)
A lenda vive...!!!

tudop
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by tudop »

Most of the Aro owners around here don't have their car prepared for long jurneys/ expeditions. Romania is not a big country, and most of the Aro's around here never leave the country ;D so there's no reason for investing money and time in these modifications. Of course you can find on this forum technical / mechanical improvements that may be usefull for a long journey, but otherwise, you should get your inspiration from the owners of LWB offroaders such as Defender 110, Patrol, the classic Toyota "troop carrier", etc.
And one personal note: since the 328 Maxi is such a big/ long car, you should try to accommodate sleeping bunks inside the car, in the rear, and not try to spend money on a roof tent - that is ussualy expensive or difficult to build your own. The main idea is to try to organise very well the rear part of your car's interior, by creating a list of every thing you need to carry and trying to find the best place for each item. So first, you need the list of every thing you need ;D you may include a spare battery (or install a auxiliary one, for electrical accessories) and even reserve some space for spare parts (since Aro is not the most reliable vehicle ever created ;D )
Cristian1
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by Cristian1 »

From what I understood you, you have a 328 now, no? I say to change it .... a 324 is shorter and moves differently in the field car that expedition.
ARO 328 is big from all points of view, I think you orient to a 324, and the words @ Tudop, reserve some space for spares.
NO LIMITS, NO RULES, NO ROADS
SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

Post by SVEY »

Yes, I have the ARO 328. I plan to install 33 "wheels, reinforced bumpers, front electric winch, snorkel and 2 luggage on the roof. Perhaps I will install an additional fuel tank and a tank of water under the second row of seats, and I want to hang two spare wheels on the rear bumper. There is a desire to establish a framework safety of approximately the same as set by the Defender. I agree that the berths should be in the car. On the roof will be boxes of spare parts and other equipment.
SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

Post by SVEY »

tudop wrote:Aro is not the most reliable vehicle ever created
And you can read more? What problems may arise with this car? Motor? I would be grateful for any information.
:)
tudop
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by tudop »

For how long have you had your Aro ? Aro is like a Land Rover... nor very reliable but with personality, only Aro is more "exclusive" since it's not that common on the streets. Problems can apear in the electrical sistem, at the front axle components, and at the direction linkages (but not something very serious, most of the time these are more like annoyances than problems that will stop you in your tracks. Sometimes water may leak inside, depending on what components were used in the brake system you may encounter some problems here. It all depends on what parts you have instaled on your car and how good was looked after until now. Aro's were made with a multitude of different components and parts, so if you know what you have you should tell us and we'll try to explain what will work and what is more likely to fail ;D If you don't know all the details, you could post detailed pictures of your car (like engine bay, brake system, front axle, etc.
SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

Post by SVEY »

Thank you for your comment. I realize that the better the machine was prepared, the fewer problems on the road. Of course, serious preparation will be expensive, but the car I plan to have more than one day. This is my first 4x4. I have no experience and a lot more to learn. While the audit was carried out motor. I will change the electrician. All the rest as needed. Unfortunately, the need to change or repair the front fenders, rear doors and other elements.
SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

Post by SVEY »

SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

Post by SVEY »

Maxim
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Maxim »

You must change of the exhaust system. Such - not for offroads!
It will be quickly broken!!!
SVEY
Incepator
Incepator

Post by SVEY »

This I understand. Will do over time.

All my friends tell me that it's a bad machine. Advise her as soon as possible to sell and buy Nisssan Patrol. What do you think about this?
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

I have a Andoria engine too in my ARO 328. I am very satisfied, I drawn trailer whit a weight more than 3 tons, whitout the smallest problem!