Aro 10.4 in Macedonia i need help for parts and other stuff

All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Re: Aro 10.4 in Macedonia i need help for parts and other st

Post by Soryn »

do you have the damm spare parts catalog? for aro? if not, i need a email adress for sending it.
Non stop,i need to explain, with the parts asembly diagrams.

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

razvy wrote:are 2 bushing in each end , in total are 12 bushing
yes i think i got it..
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

Guys do you know what cars fit best the steering box with one of an aro.. i know there is some adjustment to be made but i want to give it a try.. i would also try to fit servo but for now a change of a steering box would be great. i am annoyed of the play of this old one.. there is a lot and the bolt is tighted at maximum.

i understood from searching this forum that something from volvo or bmw is fitted..

so to recap.
i will need a pump that will make pressure to the system and have to make mounts align it and add another belt that will drive the pump.
Then a new Power Steering Box create a mounting on the frame for it that will connect with the pitman arm on the steering
and a reservoir for the liquid to stay cool.
seems like not alot of work if i found good parts..

and also i am searching for dacia 1400 shocks to replace the front.. i was on a longer ride yesterday and the shocks are empty and useless :S
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

and is there new steering box from aro 10 in Romania.. i would buy new one and just replace this old one and drive without power steering

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

anybody anything on this topic?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

the steering box chan bee adjusted by the large bolt end nut on top cover . Loosen the nut, with a key on the bolt head,adjust the box(with the straight weels, no play in the steering weel,end smood turning at the steering weel ,downt ower thiten it ,the steering weel wil work harder on streight turning the weels ) ,after adjustment, hold the bolt in position,end tighten the nut .
The sttering box with the straight weels ,musn't have play in it, with the weels turned almoust maximum right or left , you will ghett pley in the steering weel, that's supose to work ,it's solid but rudimentar caracteristics.

A new manual steering box, it's around 100 e , the main parts of it mey cost about 40-50e.
For servo asisted steering, you need to modify the chasy mount to fit it, end adapt the leaver to the new steering box .
Mey fit from a toyota truck 90-2000 somthing like that,
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote:the steering box chan bee adjusted by the large bolt end nut on top cover . Loosen the nut, with a key on the bolt head,adjust the box(with the straight weels, no play in the steering weel,end smood turning at the steering weel ,downt ower thiten it ,the steering weel wil work harder on streight turning the weels ) ,after adjustment, hold the bolt in position,end tighten the nut .
The sttering box with the straight weels ,musn't have play in it, with the weels turned almoust maximum right or left , you will ghett pley in the steering weel, that's supose to work ,it's solid but rudimentar caracteristics.

A new manual steering box, it's around 100 e , the main parts of it mey cost about 40-50e.
For servo asisted steering, you need to modify the chasy mount to fit it, end adapt the leaver to the new steering box .
Mey fit from a toyota truck 90-2000 somthing like that,
yes i`ve tried to tighten the bolt but it it tight to maximum and it still has alot play.. after visual suspection i saw that the parts are worn out.. i`m now searching for a servo but if i am not able to find one i will order just the main parts and repair this old one.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

after studying Icxu`s post http://www.aro4x4.net/smf/viewtopic.php ... &start=105
and not being able to find original aro shocks ive tried with profesional reparation but they lasted 1 month and costed 40euros after days of searching in the local stores i`ve found shocks from dacia 1300/1310 renault 16/12.
i think they are the same that icxu uses..
so i will do this with friend that did this
http://forum.carclub.mk/index.php/topic,1192.0.html

here is the specs for the new shocks from tecdoc
they cost around 60 euros each and i have to wait around 40 days for delivery.
10150118_10152174622124213_1430570363_n.jpg
10178354_10152174622119213_2066157254_n.jpg
so i know that i`ll have to modify the stabilizators and the rod connecting them, and i know that i`ll have to shorten the treads on the shocks a bit..
i `ll have to also bend the lower control arm that is now bothering me the most, and modify the tie rods.
for that icxu said that he will send me a video and explain how to do it..
so i`ll get the desired lift and match it on the back and than install 235/75/15 tires..

Sorin any advice on this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

i'm thinking more about ,to grind the weld of the vasher brachet welde't on the shock, move'it a few cm , submerge the shock body in , a cooling agent, like oill, end weld the washer on the shock, welding slowly, to not overheat the oill in the shoock,
If you cut the arm, the weld chan fail
Asck your friend, for his opinion
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

yes but this way i will not have atleast 3-4 cm lift..
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

to brighten this page i went on another ride this sunday... i had a good offroad ride.. which reminds me to change to more agressive tires and install that front diff..
aro.jpg
aro10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

my front axles are worn a little due to broken bearings.. i want to take them to a guy to weld them a bit and then machine them to fit perfectly
but i dont know what is the diameter that they should have? these are not mine
IMG_20130705_183953.jpg
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

7f99957858c746dca866995d2af253ce.jpg
8262b641d3594dab97123fb5aed7a3ed.jpg
i`ve found a servo from opel omega made in 2000.

i think this might work. will need modifying on the arm. and of course the mounting on the frame.
sorin what do you think?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

the omega servosteering box, has the hausing brachets for interior side mount on the chassy, i thinck i't will hitt in too the engine , you need to find an servosteering box to mount her from exterior of the chasy, like the original one .
somthing like this http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-stu ... 125-a.html
I thinck the Toyota IFS box will fit like a glove,now ,im sory for not swap mine with the ifs box instead of the aro box. >-)
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

Toyota axle is hard and expensive in my region... i will continue my search..

do you know the size of that axle dimensions?